Here Are Some Tips For Monitoring And Controlling Your Android Data Usage
In India, telecommunications behemoths are providing ‘Unlimited Data’ plans. There is, however, a catch. There are many telecom companies, including Airtel, Jio, and Vi, offering prepaid recharge plans with expansive amounts of daily data. Postpaid subscribers can also take advantage of such data-rich plans. However, there is a speed limit, and after that, the service providers’ Fair Usage Policy throttles the speed to extremely low levels (FUP). A slow Internet connection can be frustrating when using a phone.
In this article, we have outlined a few methods for tracking your data usage on an Android phone.
How to set your data usage limit?
- Search for Network/ SIM/ Internet in Settings. The Data Saver submenu is quickly accessible from the Settings menu by typing Data or Data Saver.
- Next to the name of the service provider, tap Settings.
- Select Data warning option & limit from the drop-down menu.
- You can set the duration of your data use cycle by just tapping on Mobile data usage cycle.
- Tap Set data limit if you wish to set a data limit.
Some phones, such as those from OnePlus, allows you to access the network settings without having a look for the icons. To set the data limit, go to Data Usage > Billing Cycle and follow the procedures outlined above.
How to save data on your Android phone with data saver mode?
Apps on your Android phone will not be able to send or receive data in the background if you use this type of strategy. Even if the Data Saver is turned on, you can manually select on which apps all are restricted and which are allowed to utilise unfettered datas.
- Search for Network/ SIM/ Internet in Settings.
- Toggle on Data Saver by searching for it.
How to disable dual-channel network acceleration?
The OnePlus One, for example, has a Dual-channel network acceleration option, which uses both Wi-Fi and mobile data to speed up downloads. You can save some data by turning it off.
How to enable Wi-Fi-only auto-update?
- As soon as any app connects to the Internet, it will update immediately. You can modify the settings tab to only update your handaset while it is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the profile image in the top right corner of the Google Play app.
- Click Settings and then Network Preferences on the pop-up menu.
- In the submenu, you’ll find the following choices: App download preferences, Auto-update apps, and Auto-play movies. Select Only over Wi-Fi download for three Tabs.
How to replace data-hungry apps?
Some programmes take longer to load than others. Fortunately, some of them, such as Facebook Lite and Instagram Lite, have lighter versions that do not require fast connections to load. Although they let users perform basic tasks, they lack some of the functionality of the original edition. You can use such lightweight programmes to help save data as needed.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.